ACTIVE TIME: 15 MIN. TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN. WITH MARINATING
What You Need:
1½ lb. Flank Steak, cut in thin strips
1 each Red, Yellow and Orange
Sweet Peppers, cut in thin strips
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp. Wesson Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. McCormick Roasted Ground Cumin
1 tsp. McCormick Oregano Leaves
1 tsp. McCormick Smoked Paprika
½ tsp. McCormick Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. sea salt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. Mix all marinade ingredients in small bowl until well blended.
2. Place meat in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate 15 min. or longer for extra flavor.
3. Remove steak from refrigerator. Place large cast iron skillet on cold grill grate. Preheat grill on medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles before evaporating in skillet. Carefully add steak and marinade to skillet. Cook and stir 5 min. or until beef is cooked through. Remove meat from skillet.
4. Add peppers and onion to skillet. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 4 min.
5. Return beef to skillet and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 min. Serve immediately as-is or try one of the serving suggestions below.
Per Serving: 218 cal. • 10g fat • 2g fiber • 25g protein
Adapted from “Strip Steak Fajitas with Roasted Peppers and Onions,” a McCormick original recipe. Visit McCormick.com for more creative dinner ideas.
Fajita Burritos: Divide steak, peppers and onion mixture among center of 6 Mission Extra-Large Burrito-Style Flour Tortillas. Top with traditional favorites like Daisy Sour Cream, Sabra Guacamole, Sargento Shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Blend, Pearl Sliced Black Olives and chopped Foxy Iceberg Lettuce. Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla over filling. Roll up to serve. If desired, wrap in foil.
Fajita Salad: Spoon steak, peppers and onion mixture on Fresh Express Romaine Lettuce. Top with sliced Jalapeños, Splendido Tomatoes, sliced Avocado, Sargento Shredded 4-Cheese Mexican Blend, Pearl Sliced Black Olives and Marie’s Ranch Dressing.
Family-Size Fajita Sub: Reduce grill to low heat. Place a split loaf of Wellsley Farms Take & Bake Bread, cut side down, on the grate. Cover. Grill 1 minute or until crusty and toasty brown. Place bottom half of bread on platter. Layer with sliced Green Bay Cheese Pepper Jack then steak, peppers and onion mixture. Top with Jalapeños, sliced Tomatoes and shredded Foxy Iceberg Lettuce. Spread top half of bread with Sabra Guacamole. Cut sub into six slices. Serve immediately with RW Garcia Organic Tortillas and Sabra Salsa.